Monday, March 20, 2017

Nachos and Symphony

I made nachos for dinner tonight. I bought a package of low carb tortillas, cut them into wedges, brushed them in olive oil and salt, and toasted them on a baking sheet in the oven.

I cooked a pound of ground turkey, added an onion and a red bell pepper to the pan, and then threw in a can of re-fried beans. I let all of this cook together for awhile, and added a packet of McCormick Mojito Lime Marinade to the pan.

After the food had cooked for awhile, I spooned the turkey mixture over the toasted tortillas. I then sprinkled some shredded cheese over the whole thing, turned on the broiler setting on my oven, and put the pan back into the oven for one minute so that the cheese would melt. 

This meal was an experiment on my part. I'm pleased with the way it turned out. I'll definitely make this again, but I might change it up slightly. I might add diced tomatoes, or I might add a different type of bean to the mix. 

In other news, I am thinking about taking the train up to Brunswick, Maine. Prices aren't so bad, and there are some exhibits at the Bowdoin College Museum of Art that look interesting. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment