Monday, March 6, 2017

Monday Post

This past weekend (March 4th and 5th) was another busy weekend for me. 

On Saturday, March 4th, I saw a play titled "Grand Concourse" at the Boston Center for the Arts, a theater venue located in Boston's South End neighborhood. This play is part of the SpeakEasy Stage Company's 2016-2017 season. "Grand Concourse" is set in a soup kitchen in New York City, and deals with the nature of forgiveness. I thought that it was a solid show, and one that I would recommend to others. I confess that of late, I have been gravitating towards works that can be described as "darkly funny", and I think that "Grand Concourse" could be described as such.

On Sunday, March 5th, I saw a play titled "Sister Anonymous". I heard about this show from a friend of mine who is in the cast. This is a biographical play about Sister Mary Ignatia Gavin, who was one of the co-founders of Alcoholics Anonymous. I enjoyed this play as well. The acting was solid, as was the set and costume designs. I do enjoy shows where I feel like I've learned something.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! I miss going to the theatre more, glad you're enjoying!

    ReplyDelete