Thursday, March 16, 2017

2017 Walk for Hunger & 5K Run: Ms. Mary Perez - Project Bread - The Walk for Hunger

I am participating in the 2017 Walk for Hunger, which is taking place on Sunday, May 7, 2017. 

This year, more than 300 local programs in more than 100 Massachusetts communities will be supported through money raised by Walkers (and runners!) including: food pantries, meal programs, food rescue, urban agriculture, farm and garden, and critical child nutrition programs. 
 
Every dollar helps support the nearly 675,000 food-insecure children and adults in Massachusetts that can’t always predict where their next meal is coming from.

Here is a link to my fundraising page:


I've participated in the Walk for Hunger for the last few years, and it's been a very rewarding experience for me. I know that one of the charities that benefits from the monies raised through the Walk for Hunger is Rosie's Place, a shelter for poor and homeless women located in Boston's South End neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment