Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Time Flies

I think about the passage of time a lot. 
 
It's been over four years since my Grandmother died. 
 
It's been almost fifteen years since my Dad died. 
 
My oldest cousin just graduated from Seton Hall University with her Master's degree, and her sister (my middle cousin) just graduated from college with her Bachelor's degree.

A married couple A. and I are friends with moved to Vietnam three years ago (in 2014) so that R. could take a job teaching science at an International School in Ho Chi Minh City. They're coming back to the States for a month-long visit, starting in June and going into July, and then they're moving to China for a year because R. got a teaching job at a school in (I think) Shanghai. 

My nephew just graduated from the fifth grade, and my niece just graduated from kindergarten. (Side Note: It seems weird to me that I have a niece and nephew. Yes, I know that being married to A. means that his sister's kids are now, legally speaking, my niece and nephew too, but still. Kinda weird-in-a-good-way!)
 
I wonder what the next year will bring. I don't know. I hope that more good things happen than bad. Maybe that's me being too optimistic, but I want to try to be a bit more optimistic going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment