Monday, May 22, 2017

Monday Post :)

Adrian had the day off from work on Saturday, so we wound up going into Somerville to run errands and to have lunch. We ate at Outback Steakhouse to use up the rest of a gift card that we had for that restaurant. We went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond, mostly to look around, but also to pick up a few things. We also went to Home Depot to pick up a few light switch plates, which we swapped out last night.

I went into Boston yesterday to see the film Alien: Covenant with the Boston Science Fiction/Fantasy Meetup Group. I think that Michael Fassbender's performance was the best part of the entire film.

I saw Alien Resurrection when it was released in theaters in 1997. I was 12 years old at the time. To be blunt, Resurrection scared the shit out of me. I made connections between having sex and being pregnant; being pregnant and giving birth; between giving birth and death and dying; between having sex/being pregnant/giving birth and one's loss of self. I walked away from that film quietly horrified at the idea of ever being pregnant or giving birth.

I was looking for a similar experience with Covenant and Prometheus, and I didn't get it with either film.

No comments:

Post a Comment