I went to the Coolidge Corner Theater in Brookline, MA today to see an animated film titled Your Name. I heard some buzz around this movie - mostly that it was a commercial success in Japan and that it was quite good - so, since I enjoy anime films, I decided that I wanted to see it.
Your Name is currently showing at both the Coolidge Corner Theater in Brookline and the Kendall Square Cinema in Cambridge. I like the Coolidge more than the Kendall, mostly because the Coolidge is closer to a T stop, and there are more fast-casual places to eat that I like near the Coolidge than at the Kendall. I will also say that one of the (many) things that I like about Brookline's Coolidge Corner neighborhood is the Brookline Booksmith, an independent bookstore that has been around since 1961. I like their selection of used and bargain books, and I also like they have a robust calendar of author events throughout the year.
The film was very good, and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys anime movies in particular or just animated films in general. I enjoyed this movie so much that I want to seek out other films directed by Your Name's director. I did check to see if it is available on Netflix yet, and it currently is not, sadly.
This weekend is a busy one here in MA. Easter is tomorrow, and then the Boston Marathon is on Monday. I think that it's been a few years since Easter and the Marathon fell on the same weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment