Friday, April 14, 2017

Bed Bugs

We woke up on Monday morning with a case of bedbugs. I was not too upset about this. Yes, we had to get rid of our bed, but we have been talking about getting a new bed for some time now, so this just brought the issue to a head. Adrian and I took our mattress downstairs and outside to the dumpster, and then I cooked breakfast while Adrian took the bed frame apart and took those components down to the dumpster. It's a good thing that our neighborhood's trash pickup day is Monday.

I vacuumed around where our bed used to be, and wiped down surfaces. I did a few loads of laundry, and I threw out some pillows and sheets. Adrian has dealt with bed bugs before, but I have not. We've been speculating on how we could've brought the bugs into the condo. Our guess is that since I enjoy walking around our neighborhood, and Adrian enjoys running, it's possible that bed bugs could've gotten onto our clothes somewhere around here. This makes sense, since our condo complex abuts a wooded area. 

Our property manager came by on Monday and sprayed in our bedroom. He also sprayed the entire condo on Thursday, while Adrian and I were both out. I think that he wants to spray our condo once a week for the next month (at least) just to make sure that he got all of the bugs.

I hope that next week is a little less interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment