Monday, April 3, 2017

Anime Boston 2017

 

This past weekend (March 31st to April 2nd) was Anime Boston. Anime Boston (or AB, as I like to call it), is an annual, three day convention held in Boston, Massachusetts. This convention is run by the New England Anime Society, and according to their website, their mission/goal/focus is to "promote Japanese animation, comics, and pop-culture". The first Anime Boston was held at the Park Plaza Hotel in Boston in 2003, as was the second. The con had to move to the Hynes Convention Center in 2005, where it's been ever since. 

I have gone to Anime Boston two or three times, but I haven't been in a few years. I do like anime, but Anime Boston is more of Adrian's "thing" than mine.

Adrian, holding an Anime Boston poster that he got in his swag bag of goodies when he picked up his badge at Registration. 

On Saturday night, I saw the Hub Theatre Company of Boston's production of "Coyote on a Fence". I took a picture of my program, which is below. What I like about the Hub Theatre Company is that they are they only Pay What You Can theater company in Boston (that I am aware of). Their shows are really good too. If I had to describe the plot of "Coyote on a Fence", I would say that it it's a play that tackles questions about the nature of evil, and the death penalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment