Sunday, September 10, 2017

Looking Forward

I was planning on writing a whole "pity party, table for one" post about how I find it difficult to make/maintain friendships, and how I wish that I was more like my brother, who has been friends with some of his friends since middle/high school, but then reality came along and slapped me in the face.
 
I found out that my friend Teddy's mother died today. She was only 67. I also found out that Michael Friedman - the composer and lyricist behind the musical Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson - died today from complications related to HIV/AIDS. While it's true that I never met Mr. Friedman, I did see a production of Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson a few years ago, which I remember enjoying. I also never met Teddy's Mom, but I imagine that she must've been a pretty special person. I say this because Teddy moved back in with his parents a few years ago to help his Dad take care of his Mom, which I think speaks volume to the kind of person Teddy is, and to the kind of person his mother was. 
 
I guess there is also a certain element of "Teddy's Mom was only two years younger than *my* Mom, and Michael Friedman was the same age as Adrian!" in play as well, if that makes any sense at all.
 
----
 
In other news, I'm sitting here on my couch, watching the Seattle Seahawks vs. Green Bay Packers football game. I'd like the Green Bay Packers to win because they are the only publicly owned franchise in the NFL.
 
I applied to a full-time, customer service job with Zipcar, in their Boston office. I interviewed for a job with Zipcar two years ago (more like almost 2.5 years ago at this point), and I didn't get the job at that time. I decided to re-apply because why not? 

The week just ending was pretty quiet, and the week coming up looks pretty quiet too. I am going into the Seaport District on Wednesday night for an SLA-NE event. I'm actually looking forward to it! It's going to be an evening of Lightning Talks, where people give quick 10-miunute talks about what they do at their jobs, and what their companies do, and how it all relates to librarianship (at least that's what I remember from the event description). 



No comments:

Post a Comment