Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Pre-Anniversary Post

Tomorrow (August 9th) marks three years since Adrian and I got married. It doesn't feel like it's been three years. If you want to be technical, then we've been together for more like eight and a half years. I met him in the fall of 2008, but we didn't officially start dating until January 2009. 

During our time together (both dating and married), a lot has happened. 

We went from living in separate apartments (Adrian in Cambridge, me in Boston's Allston neighborhood), to living together (with roommates) in Cambridge, to eventually buying a condo and moving out to the suburbs. 

I graduated with my Master's degree. My maternal grandmother died. Adrian got his Bachelor's degree. My two oldest cousins both graduated from high school and college. My oldest cousin graduated from graduate school, and got her first "real" post-college job in her feel. My younger cousin is moving to Alaska for a job. Our friend Carl died from health complications relating to his heart.

I had my wisdom teeth removed in February 2015. I had outpatient surgery to repair the labrum in my right shoulder in December 2009.

I visited Los Vegas and California for the first time in 2010 to meet Adrian's family. We also went camping on the Boston Harbor Islands last year, a first for me. 

Here's to the last three years, and here's to the next three, and the three after that, and the three after that, and on and on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment