Monday, August 21, 2017

Maine and Eclipses

Adrian and I spent part of the week of our anniversary in Portland, Maine. We stayed at the Chadwick Bed and Breakfast, which we've stayed at before. 

Here are photos of two of the breakfasts that we enjoyed during our stay. The top picture is a photo of chocolate chip pancakes with a side of bacon and fruit. The bottom picture is a photo of  a croissant stuffed with eggs, avocado, and ham, with a side of fruit. Both were very tasty!



We spent one day in Ogunquit, Maine, where we saw a production of "Ragtime" at the Ogunquit Playhouse. This was our first time seeing "Ragtime", and we enjoyed it. I think that this show is still very relevant today. 

We also visited a restaurant in Portland called Duckfat. They are known for their milkshakes and their Belgian fries, so that's what we ordered when we went there.


Fries! Delicious, delicious Fries!


Me, enjoying my vanilla milkshake. 


View of the water.

-----

Today was the day of the Eclipse. I went to the New England Science Fiction Association (NESFA) Clubhouse in Somerville to watch NASA's live stream of the eclipse. I thought that it was pretty cool how they showed the eclipse from various locations in the U.S., like Oregon, Idaho, Missouri, Kentucky, and South Carolina. While I was watching the NASA live feed, I was thinking about my friend K., who lives in Portland, Oregon, and who works at a hotel in that area. Based on her Facebook posts from the last week or so, it sounds like A LOT of people are in Oregon right now, for the eclipse. 

I confess that I am thinking about planning a vacation around the April 2024 eclipse. It's less than seven years away (roughly six years, eight months in the future). Maybe we could travel to one of the spots in New England or New York state that is in the line of totality. We'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment