Melody (the cat we've been pet sitting for the last five weeks) is leaving us tomorrow. Her humans are coming to collect her bright and early tomorrow morning, and then they head off to the airport to fly to China for their next adventure. (The short version is that R. got a job teaching at an International School in Shanghai, and his wife J. and their son D. are going with him.)
Pet sitting has been an interesting experience. I've enjoyed having a pet in the condo to keep me company, even if it's someone else's pet. I am, however, looking forward to things getting back to normal tomorrow, even though I know that I'll miss having Melody around too.
People have asked me if Adrian and I are planning on getting a cat, now that we've had the experience of pet sitting one for five weeks. The short answer is: No, we are not. The slightly longer answer is: We have discussed getting a cat at length. Adrian has said that he is willing to get a cat, even if it means that he'll have to regularly take allergy medicines for the length of the cat's life. That being said, my Mom and my best friend E. are both allergic to cats. My Mom visits us fairly regularly, and E. has said that she thinks that cats are "evil". When you combine all of these factors - Adrian's allergies, my Mom's allergies, E.'s allergies, the fact that E. thinks that cats are "evil" - then getting a cat isn't realistic for us. I would love to get a dog, but, unfortunately, our condo association doesn't allow dogs. The "No Dogs" rule is the reason why I want to eventually move out of our condo complex.
I watched the animated Disney movie Alice in Wonderland this afternoon. It's a short movie - about an hour and fifteen minutes - and it's still one of my favorite Disney movies.
No comments:
Post a Comment