The past few days have been uneventful. I saw the movie Despicable Me 3 yesterday, which I enjoyed. The ending left things open for future movies in the franchise, which is to be expected.
Today (the 4th of July) Adrian and I went into Cambridge to see Jaws, a classic film from 1975, at the Brattle Theater. The Brattle is a one screen, non-profit movie theater on Brattle Street that has been around since 1953. It shows a mixture of classic, foreign, and independent movies. I saw Jaws at the Brattle last year with my friends Eileen and Bryce, but Adrian wasn't able to join us because he had to work.
I like the Brattle. It's one of my favorite things about Cambridge. I like that they do things like show Donnie Darko on Halloween, or screen all of Studio Ghilbi's movies over the course of two weeks.
We wandered around Cambridge for a bit before the movie. Adrian grabbed a strawberry pastry from the Tatte Bakery and Cafe in Harvard Square, while I had a very refreshing lemonade. I like Tatte. They made and sell delicious pastries, salads, drinks, and breakfast sandwiches.
We grabbed lunch at Otto's, a Portland, Maine, based pizza joint that opened a Harvard Square location a few years ago. They serve the usual cheese and pepperoni pizzas, but they also do specialty pizzas like ricotta and basil; bacon, scallion, and mashed potato; pulled pork and mango; and spinach, white bean, and roasted garlic. You can order pizza by the slice, or order a whole pizza to go. I would say that Otto's serves some of the best pizza that I've eaten in the Greater Boston/Cambridge area. I say this as a self-described "pizza snob". I grew up in New Jersey, so I think that I'm allowed to be a pizza snob! :)
I expect that the rest of this week will be quiet.
No comments:
Post a Comment