We got hit with a pretty substantial snowstorm here in Massachusetts this week. I think that our part of the state got something like 13 inches of snow. I spent Thursday (the day of the storm) indoors. I baked chocolate chip cookies. I did three loads of laundry. I chatted with a few of our neighbors throughout the day, joking with them about being housebound and bored. I paid some bills online. I drank copious amounts of tea. I watched old episodes of "House Hunters International" on Hulu. I read. I watched the snow fall outside our windows, and felt thankful that we don't live in one of the coastal areas that saw so much flooding as a result of this storm (Hull, Scituate, Boston's Seaport District, parts of Weymouth and Quincy). Since Adrian works from home, he didn't get a snow day, unfortunately.
Arisia (annual science fiction/fantasy convention that has been held every year in the Greater Boston area since 1990) is next weekend, which is also Martin Luther King Jr. weekend. This convention has a special place in my heart, as this is the convention where Adrian asked me out, and I agreed to go out on a date with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment