On the one hand, I like the holidays, because *nostalgia*. On the other hand, I dislike the holidays because I usually end up thinking about all of the things that I think I should be doing before the year ends, and I find myself wishing that I was Going Somewhere Interesting for Thanksgiving or for Christmas. I like Christmas music (in theory, anyway), but by the end of December, if I have to hear Mariah Carey's cover of "All I Want for Christmas Is You" one more time, I am going to scream (if only in my head).
I don't self-identify as a Christian, although I do say that I celebrate Christmas, mostly because that's the tradition that I grew up with, and if there is one thing that I definitely am, it's a creature of habit.
The holidays were a lot more fun when I was a kid. :-/
In less existential news, I've seen three movies in the last month - The Shape of Water, Darkest Hour, and Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Darkest Hour was my favorite movie of those three films, with Star Wars: The Last Jedi coming in second.
No comments:
Post a Comment