Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Election Day Post

Today is Election Day. I am keeping my eye on the Cambridge City Council and School Committee races, mostly out of "I used to live in Cambridge!" nostalgia. I am also watching the Boston mayoral race, as well as the NJ Governor's race. Here in Weymouth, there is a City Council race, as well as a School Committee race. A friend of mine is running for one of the three spots on the School Committee, so I voted for her when I went to vote this morning.

I visited my Mom and brother in New Jersey last week. Mom invited some of her friends over for dinner on Sunday, and we had an early Thanksgiving dinner, which was very nice. I like most of my Mom's friends, but I admit that I find it hard to relate to them. I would say that the highlight of my trip was getting to hang out with my brother and some of his friends on Saturday. Billy (my brother) cooked some hot dogs and sausages on his grill, and we had a fire in the fire pit going, which was nice. Billy's friend Anthony was around for a bit. I don't think I've seen Anthony since before he got married. Anthony and his wife Angela have a three month old baby boy now. He showed me pictures of him on his phone. 

It feels good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment