This past weekend, Adrian and I went into Boston for a concert - The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses. My introduction to the Legend of Zelda video game series was through Ocarina of Time, and then Majora's Mask, both of which I played on the Nintendo 64 game console.
I really enjoyed the concert, which ran for two hours, including an intermission. Quite a few of our fellow attendees were dressed up as either Link or Princess Zelda, which made me smile. Besides the music, there was also a screen on stage with the musicians that played footage from the various Zelda video games during the concert, which I thought was a nice touch.
Other than that, the last week and a half (or however long it's been since my last post) has been fairly quiet and uneventful. I'm going down to NJ next Monday to visit my Mom for a week. I should be back in time to vote on November 7th. The only really interesting things that I have to say about this election cycle are that a) a friend of mine is running for a spot on the Weymouth School Committee, and b) two of the incumbent Councilors-At-Large aren't running for re-election this year, so there will be two new faces on the Weymouth Town Council in a few weeks.
2017 is an "off year" here in MA - just a lot of local elections - town council, school committee, that sort of thing. 2018 is going to be a big year elections-wise. Senator Elizabeth Warren is up for re-election (and she's running, as far as I know), as is Governor Charlie Baker (he's up for re-election, but he hasn't "officially" announced his re-election bid, as far as I know). Attorney General Maura Healey is also up for re-election in 2018. I haven't heard anything about her re-election campaign, but I am going to assume that she'll be running for re-election. I haven't heard anything about anyone running against her yet, but that could change in the next three to six months. The focus seems to be on the Governor and Senate races for right now.
Oh! And there are also the State Senate and House elections, and I think that Rep. Stephen Lynch is up for re-election too.
No comments:
Post a Comment