I spent the last eight days down in New Jersey, visiting my Mom and brother. My brother was in a car accident last month. His truck was a total loss, and B. himself suffered some injuries - cracked ribs, a fractured wrist, and a broken bone in his right leg that required surgery and pins/screws to be inserted to hold the bones together. He spent two weeks in the hospital, and one week at a rehab facility. He's been home for two weeks now, and he's been going to physical therapy for his leg for the last two weeks too. Today he starts week three of PT at a facility the next town over from where he and my Mom live. B. is looking forward to getting the cast off of his arm a week from tomorrow.
I spent last week making B. cups of tea, fetching things for him, helping him into and out of his truck, and going with him and our Mom to his Monday and Wednesday PT appointments. B. had a friend take him to PT on Friday. On Friday, Mom and I went to a garage sale in my hometown, and an estate sale in the town where B. has PT, and then we went to Costco to pick up some things for the weekend.
A. rented a car and drove down to my Mom's on Saturday, and then he and I drove home yesterday, using the car to go grocery shopping for the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment