People often ask me how I am doing or how I am feeling. I usually respond by saying that I am doing/feeling OK or fine. If I am being honest, however, I would say that I have mostly been feeling tired. It's been a struggle to do things, and to get things done. I oftentimes feel overwhelmed and depressed by current events.
On the one hand, I am looking forward to this summer because Adrian and I do have some things planned. We're planning a trip up to Portland, Maine for our third wedding anniversary in August. I am looking forward to (hopefully) checking out Sail Boston, and there are some movies coming out this summer that I hope to catch in theaters, such as Cars 3, Despicable Me 3, Spider Man: Homecoming, War for the Planet of the Apes, Dunkirk, Atomic Blonde, and The Dark Tower. I want to see the Commonwealth Shakespeare Company's free summer production of Romeo and Juliet.
On the other hand, I am looking forward to this summer being over. I say this mostly because there is going to be a lot of construction going on in and around the South Shore during the months of June, July, and August, and I am not looking forward to dealing with any of it.
I wish that I felt more optimistic about the future of the Human species, and, if I am being honest, there have been many times when I've found myself wishing that I could unplug my brain, and/or go back to a point in time when I was innocent, naive, and/or idealistic.
In any event, I need to wrap this up and get going. I have some laundry that I need to put away.
In any event, I need to wrap this up and get going. I have some laundry that I need to put away.
No comments:
Post a Comment